Ready to grow your network? Help At Your Door seeks an outgoing, engaging leader to join our dedicated Board of Directors. This volunteer role gives you an opportunity to connect with corporate and nonprofit leaders, use your skillset with experts across industries, and contribute to strategic planning while enhancing the lives of older adults and people with disabilities across the Twin Cities metro. Our nonprofit is committed to having our board represent the communities we serve. We encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
- Expertise to support our mission, preferably in marketing, communications, public relations or similar field(s)
- Community connections, with a willingness to leverage strengths and contacts
- Financial resources, through corporation relations and personal giving
- Two-year board term
- Active participation in fundraising/development
- Attendance at bi-monthly board meetings: six meetings per year, Thursdays 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Participation in at least one board subcommittee: 2-4 hours per month
- Partaking in a yearly planning session (weekend)
- Participation and promotion in the yearly fundraising event
- Personal giving in support of our mission
- Promote Help At Your Door’s vision, mission, strategy, and annual plan in good faith and to the best of your ability.
- Ensure the organization is focused on its vision and strategic plan, that it is well managed, financially sound, and always operating in the best interest of its stakeholders—clients, paid, and volunteer staff, and community partners.
- Abide by Help At Your Door’s by-laws and policies, including understanding and respecting the distinction between Board Directors and staff roles and responsibilities.
- Participate fully in board meetings and needed actions, accepting accountability to communicate personal opinions and seeking feedback from Board Directors.
- Commit to being ‘action oriented’ and accountable, always responsively delivering on the objectives and goals.
- Stay well informed of the significant initiatives and issues that come before the Board and keep the Board fully informed about ongoing activities through timely and comprehensive communications.
- Immediately declare to Board Chair any personal conflict of interest that may arise.
ABOUT HELP AT YOUR DOOR
Help At Your Door’s mission is to help seniors and individuals with disabilities maintain their independence and continue living in their homes. Since 1984, we have delivered personalized services designed to meet the diverse needs of our clients and improve health outcomes. Our mission-driven staff and volunteers provide grocery shopping, home support, and transportation services throughout the seven-county Twin Cities metro, serving more than 1,000 clients annually.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us.
Know someone who may want to join our board of directors? Please share this opportunity.