Our services help seniors and people with disabilities maintain their independence and continue living in their homes.
To learn more or request a service, call 651-642-1892 or click below.Request a Service
Are you a senior or individual with disabilities living in the seven-county Twin Cities Metro area? We’re here to help!
Our service area includes: Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Scott, Ramsey, and Washington counties.
As a nonprofit, our service fee is based on income, and these fees only cover a portion of our overall costs.
Please visit our donation page if you would like to help cover additional fees.
Grocery AssistanceWe provide access to nutritious food, companionship, and a helpful hand in your kitchen.
Our service provides access to nutritious food, companionship, and a helpful hand in your kitchen.
Grocery Assistance includes:
- Easy-to-use product catalog and phone order placement
- No internet needed — though clients do have the option to place orders online
- Delivery of grocery items and help with putting them away
- Accept EBT payments/SNAP benefits
Grocery Assistance: $15
Click here for our 2017 Product Catalog
5 Simple Steps on How Our Grocery Assistance Service Works
STEP 1: The process is easy. To register call our office at 651-642-1892 or Request a Service. You will be enrolled within three business days and your first delivery will be within one week of time of enrollment.
STEP 2: Once registered, you will receive an easy-to-use grocery product catalog filled with thousands of groceries and household items. This catalog is also available here.
STEP 3: You will then be paired with a volunteer who will call you to take your order at a specific day and time each week. Do you prefer to place orders online? We have the option for clients to login and create their own orders.
STEP 4: Groceries will be delivered to you on the same day each week, so that you can plan your schedule according to your delivery day.
STEP 5: Payment for groceries happens upon delivery when our drivers bring the groceries into your kitchen. We even help with the extras – like unpacking bags, opening jars, or putting away heavy items. We make payment for your groceries easy for you. We accept checks, credit and debit cards and SNAP benefits via EBT. We cannot accept cash nor tips.
Home SupportWe are here to help you stay in your home.
Do you or someone you know need a little help around the house? Whether it’s vacuuming or hanging pictures — we can help keep your home orderly.
- Help with cleaning and organization
- Complete minor home repairs
- Install accommodation features for increased accessibility
$25 grocery client
per hour rate, two-hour minimum
Pick from a variety of interior and exterior options below or have our staff assess your home for work and ways to improve your safety. You can schedule our Home Support Services today by calling 651-642-1892 or Request a Service.
- Moving assistance
- Vacuuming carpets
- Organizing areas
- Washing and folding laundry
- Installing accommodation features (grab bars)
- Repairing drywall and painting walls
- Putting up home decor and pictures
- Installing carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Repairing fences
- Painting and staining surfaces
- Caulking windows and doors
- Cleaning gutters
- Washing windows
- Installing wheelchair ramps
- Trimming trees and shrubs
- Installing screens and windows
- Completing minor landscaping
Did you know that every 11 seconds an older adult visits the emergency room from a fall?
Here are several ways to make your home safer today:
- Remove things on the floor that you can trip over, including small throw rugs.
- Have grab bars next to the tub or toilet.
- Use non-slip mats in the tub or shower.
- Make sure lighting is working and bright enough in all rooms.
- Make sure railings are installed on all stairs.
- Wear shoes, not slippers, both inside your home and out.
Transportation ServiceWe can help you or a loved one run errands, go to doctor’s appointments, or just get out of the house.
With a team of staff and vetted drivers, we are able to help clients maintain their independence.
- No destination restrictions — even if you want to just get our of the house
- Rides can be accompanied — we can wait for you at appointments
$35 grocery client
per hour rate, 20 miles total
Schedule Help At Your Door's Transportation Service today by clicking below or calling 651-642-1892
To schedule our transportation service, please call 651-642-1892 or click below.
NEW! Bundled ServicesReceive all three services for one price.
Our bundled service package includes:
2 grocery deliveries ($30 value)
1 two-hour home
support session ($50 value)
2 one-hour transportation services
20 miles total ($70 value)
Cost: $110 ($40 savings)