Work somewhere you will make a difference while supporting a cause you love.At Help At Your Door, we are a small non-profit team dedicated to serving elderly and individuals with disabilities.
Join our team of dedicated experts, today! If you have a calling to enrich the lives of seniors and individuals with disabilities by increasing their ability to be self-sufficient in their own homes, check out Help At Your Door’s career opportunities.
ABOUT HELP AT YOUR DOOR
Help At Your Door is a nonprofit organization that serves thousands of seniors, individuals with disabilities, and caregivers across the greater metro area of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Our mission is to help seniors and individuals with disabilities maintain their independence and continue living in their homes. Help At Your Door’s core service areas include: grocery assistance, home support, and transportation.
Help At Your Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drivers deliver grocery orders to clients and are Help At Your Door’s representatives in the clients’ homes. Additionally, they will partner with other community organizations to deliverfood shelf orders to homebound elderly and people with disabilities.
- Assist with checking orders for accuracy
- Load groceries into delivery vans in an efficient and sequenced manner
- Drive the delivery vehicle on predetermined routes to clients’ homes
- Follow food safety guidelines
- Cultivate and sustain wholesome communication and service relations with clients
- Unload of groceries at clients’ homes; checking orders against register receipt and product as needed; and collecting client payments, including calculating any appropriate deductions such as coupons or returns
- Collect payments and documentation is submitted to the office in an accurate and timely manner, as prescribed by internal procedures
- Accept returned product from clients, and returning to appropriate location in accordance with set procedures
- Alert appropriate office personnel of questionable circumstances at client sites
- Proper vehicle maintenance and upkeep within provided parameters
- Deliver food shelf orders to predetermined recipients
- Excellent driving record
- Prior delivery/professional driving experience a preferred
- Job requires lifting and carrying 25-30 pounds
- Job may require periods of stooping, bending, sitting or standing
- Experience with technology and automated processes and reporting
- Professionalism in representing Help At Your Door image to clients, volunteers, store staff and community
- Attention to detail, good organizational skill
- Ability to read and write English
- Passion for serving elderly population and individuals with disabilities
Questions? Please call (651)-642-1892.