Work somewhere you will make a difference while supporting a cause you love.At Help At Your Door, we are a small non-profit team dedicated to serving elderly and individuals with disabilities.
Join our team of dedicated experts, today! If you have a calling to enrich the lives of seniors and individuals with disabilities by increasing their ability to be self-sufficient in their own homes, check out Help At Your Door’s career opportunities.
ABOUT HELP AT YOUR DOOR
Help At Your Door is a nonprofit organization that serves thousands of seniors, individuals with disabilities, and caregivers across the greater metro area of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Our mission is to help seniors and individuals with disabilities maintain their independence and continue living in their homes. Help At Your Door’s core service areas include: grocery assistance, home support, and transportation.
Help At Your Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (PART-TIME)
Help At Your Door seeks a Client Service Specialist to provide home support, transportation, and grocery service support to seniors who need a little extra help to continue living in their homes. This position is responsible for overseeing in-store shopping, performing home-support tasks, and providing transportation. The ideal candidate is passionate about ensuring client satisfaction and serving the aging population. This is an opportunity to work in a mission-driven, high-performing organization that emphasizes work-life balance.
- Oversee daily client order management, including downloading, printing, identifying potential issues (seeking clarification prior to shopping), crosschecking items (prior to checkout), preparing documentation for drivers, and submitting paperwork to the office
- Work with store cashiers to prepare for order check out and end of day accounting transactions
- Supervise volunteers and shopper list, assisting with training and communicating changes, needs, and attendance to the Volunteer Manager
- Assist with delivery of services, including placing phone orders using the online system and coordinating staff and client schedules
- Perform routine cleaning tasks – duties vary by client, but may include tasks such as vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting and washing surfaces
- Complete light home repairs such as painting walls, hanging pictures, and installing accommodation features
- Notify management of additional repairs at client homes that may be needed
- Transport clients in a professional and lawful manner to and from requested areas using your own vehicle
- Assist clients with entering and exiting vehicle and to destinations, ensuring their safety
- Accompany clients as requested
- Distribute client surveys and marketing materials as needed
- Comply with professional ethics and confidentiality standards
- Follow basic billing procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain trusting relationships
- Comfortable with decision-making and problem-solving
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Capacity to view all persons positively, recognize strengths, and respect points of view
- Physical requirements include, but are not limited to: ability to lift 25lbs, stoop, bend and stand
- Associates degree required or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and passion for senior services
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, telephone lines, and other office equipment
Click below to submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Thanks for your interest!