Work somewhere you will make a difference while supporting a cause you love.At Help At Your Door, we are a small non-profit team dedicated to serving elderly and individuals with disabilities.
Join our team of dedicated experts, today! If you have a calling to enrich the lives of seniors and individuals with disabilities by increasing their ability to be self-sufficient in their own homes, check out Help At Your Door’s career opportunities.
ABOUT HELP AT YOUR DOOR
Help At Your Door is a nonprofit organization that serves thousands of seniors, individuals with disabilities, and caregivers across the greater metro area of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Our mission is to help seniors and individuals with disabilities maintain their independence and continue living in their homes. Help At Your Door’s core service areas include: grocery assistance, home support, and transportation.
Help At Your Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION TITLE: FINANCE ASSISTANT
STATUS: Full-time or part-time
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
The primary function of this position is to manage the day to day financial activities pertaining to customer transactions and payments to vendors.
- Daily invoicing of customer deliveries
- Daily cash receipts
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Accounts receivable collection activity
- Coordination of master data between financial records and client database
- Monthly reports related to deliveries, coupons, returns
- Management of conservator accounts
- Third party billing for delivery fees, including billing, working with caseworkers on authorization issues, working with vendors regarding payment, collections, trouble shooting
- Assisting Finance Director with special projects
- Weekly Accounts Payable
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior bookkeeping/accounting experience
- QuickBooks or comparable accounting software, preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office skills required
- Time management and multi-tasking skills required
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Graphic Design Intern
HOURS: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
Assists Communications Manager to take pictures, interview and collect client and volunteer stories and design marketing materials for Help At Your Door publications. This internship will provide collective “real world” communications, donor relations, event planning, graphic design and photography experience for a student in their junior or senior year of college who is interested in non-profit communications.
We are seeking a detail-oriented student who can think quickly on their feet and has a basic understanding of marketing principles. The Internship would be project-driven, require a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, and take place at our Golden Valley office. Basic Microsoft Office Suite experience is required. Ability to create graphics and multimedia presentations is preferred.
Internship responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Modifying, improving, or creating marketing materials for client presentations and marketing efforts.
- Assisting Communications Manager in the field during client and volunteer interviews by taking pictures and capturing videos for blog/website, social media and newsletters.
- Writing copy for print and online communications channels.
- Researching donor relations and marketing tactics to implement in social media, print and direct mail campaigns.
- Assist with event planning and on-site coordination of events related to donor relations.
- Research and development of media lists for press releases.
- Database entry, filing and other administrative duties.
- Assisting Communications Manager with other duties and projects as requested.
- Intern must be reliable and punctual, have strong attention to detail, robust written and spoken communication skills and a positive attitude. Some previous coursework in public relations, marketing and graphic design are preferred. Must be flexible and willing to try new ideas.
- Access to Adobe InDesign graphic design program and professional camera is a plus.